Support: rudolf mittelmann <artm replaceAT aon dot at>
Alurwe: A Virtual Walk Through an Old Part of Linz/Donau
Alt-Urfahr West (Alurwe) is an old suburb of Linz/Danube in Austria, Europe. It has its own special flair and character. Very old, old and new, small and big, old-fashioned and modern, all kinds of sizes mix up to an individual touch. People are friendly, children still play in the streets, cats and dogs everywhere. Feel the special way of life of Alt-Urfahr by playing Alurwe.
Alurwe: Features of the Game
- More than 1200 photographs
- Megabytes of original Urfahr-West sound effects
- Background music composed by an Urfahr-West artist
- Many puzzles to solve
- Find and collect interesting objects
- Discover some good kept secrets
- Dangerous beings to beware of
- Beautiful beings to admire
- Make a virtual excursion by car to a place 300 km away...
- Free the citizens of Urfahr from a bad magician!
Sample Screen Shots
There is a page with a few screen shots of Alurwe.
How to get:
If you are interested to get the handcrafted ALURWE CDROM,
<artm replaceAT aon dot at>.
The current edition uses the German language. An English version is planned. When it will become available, it will be announced here.
Alurwe runs on Windows PCs. A Macintosh version is available on request. Alurwe can also run on Sun Solaris systems, if you are willing to do some installation work yourself...
Alurwe should run on any platform supporting Java 1.1 and JMF 1.0.
- Pentium PC with 200 MHz or better
- Windows 95 or Windows NT
- 32 MB RAM (64 MB works better, 64 MB required for Win NT)
- 16 bit color screen with 640x480 resolution
- fast CDROM drive (8x or faster)
- 16 bit sound card
- Macintosh with PowerPC 180 MHz or better and 64MB RAM
- fast CDROM drive
- 640x480 color screen with thousands of colors
- MRJ 2.0 (available from Apple here)
- QuickTime 3.0 (available from Apple here)
- WhippedButter (available from Brian Griffith here)
Update: There is a new version of Alurwe which runs on any modern Java platform, and is playable on Mac OS X but has some bugs.
arTm & friends:
- Idea and Storybook: Felix Schager, Alt-Urfahr West, 9 years
- Photography: rudolf mittelmann, Alt-Urfahr West, 44 years
- Java Programming: rudolf mittelmann
- HyperCard Authoring: rudolf mittelmann
- Music Composition: Tobias Wagner, Alt-Urfahr West, 9 years
- Sounds: rudolf mittelmann
- Program Manager: Thomas Mittelmann, Alt-Urfahr West, 15 years
- Main Sponsor: Angelika Mittelmann, Alt-Urfahr West, 40 years
Special Thanks to:
Günter Wagner, Mathias, wDani, Margarita Dekoli, Odo Stierschneider, E&G Mittelmann, and all our friends.
Alurwe HipHop Music
The youngest members of "arTm & friends", namely Felix Schager and Tobias Wagner, have
written, composed and performed a super hiphop music track available here in MP3 format!
arTm & friends © 1997, 1998, 1999
Feedback to: artm replaceAT aon dot at
... back to start